Merrion Stockbrokers Approved Retirement Fund provides clear charges, flexibility, value for money and wide investment choice. This product is attractive for investors who wish to diversify their pension assets. Approved Retirement Funds are available to 5% Company Directors, AVC Contributors and the Self-Employed.
The Benefits of an Approved Retirement Fund (ARF)
- Clients can invest funds in investments that fit client’s risk appetite
- Clients have access to a wide variety of investment options and providers
- Investments grow free of both capitals gains tax and income tax
- Clients can take out cash lump sums as and when needed (Liable to income tax)
- Clients can vary level of regular income to suit their needs
- An ARF can be used at any time to purchase an annuity with any provider
- An individual may have more than one ARF and transfers can be made from one ARF to another.
- Funds are passed to ARF holder’s estate upon death. There is no immediate loss of capital, as there would be with an annuity.
Merrion’s Approved Retirement Fund – Investment Options
- Unit and investment trusts
- Direct property / property Funds
- Merrion’s guaranteed structured products
- Government Gilts
- Corporate bonds
- Insurance company funds
- Exchange Traded funds (ETF’s)
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Unquoted Private Company Shares (subject to certain limitations).
(The above list is not exhaustive)
Merrion Provides a comprehensive range of services
- Full ARF set up and documentation
- Dedicated Investment Manager to assist you in selecting your asset mix and portfolio
- Advisory or Discretionary account options available
- On-line access to portfolio
- Full access to Merrion’s award winning equity research on-line
- There is a competitive and visible charging structure (see below)
- Merrion Stockbrokers will apply the normal PAYE rules to any drawdowns from the funds and will account for that tax directly to the Revenue Commissioners.
- On death of the ARF holder, the spouse assumes the assets of the ARF without any tax implications. The same rules will apply in relation to drawdowns.
- Should the ARF pass to children, the tax treatment will depend on the ages of the children.
For further information please contact Laura Reidy on telephone 01 -2404259 or email email@example.com